Who the frig are these people?
You may recognise some of the above. If you don’t, I’m putting that down to you not being up to date with people, not my lack of talent.
I chose each on the basis of seeing/experiencing their work around Christmas time. That they’ve all got faces that lend themselves to dramatic lighting is a bonus.
If you’re interested, they are as follows:
- Henry Cavill – Under appreciated as Superman, exceeded my expectations as Geralt of Rivia and makes 99% of men look pathetic by comparison. Git.
- Shawn Crahan – Founding member and percussionist of Slipknot. I place the blame for me being a prick squarely at his feet. Because Maggot for life. I’m 35.
- Melina Juergens – A German photographer and actress who performed as the titular character in Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – which she nailed.
- Tessa Thompson – Badass actress whose natural glare makes me feel like I should be apologising for something.
- Manuel Gagneux – Founder of band Zeal and Ardor. Because nothing says ‘Christmas time’ like “The riverbed will run red with the blood of the saints and the blood of the holy”.
- Wisper – The little bugger who’s ensured I’ve not had a good night’s sleep since she joined our family a couple of months back. Frustratingly, I cannot stay angry at that face. Anna took the original photograph, obviously.
Oh and just to finish off, the epitome of all that is great in the world:
If you need any explanation as to why that particular creature is included, you’re on the wrong website.
Credit to Euan Rannachan for the original, exceptional photograph. He’s taken some wonderful photographs, so please do check them out.
Because sharks are fudging great.
Happy new year folks!