Remnants of a species now forgotten
Bleak, cold, harsh, brutal, face-removing noise
‘Remnants of a species now forgotten’ it the name of our new album, comprising sixteen songs that last just over forty five minutes. Our first/last full length album (Clouds Over Pripyat) came in at just under twenty minutes with the same number of tracks.
You could say we’re going for quantity over quality this time. I’d argue ‘quality’ isn’t something we’ve ever really concerned ourselves with.
I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out. This is our first release with dual eight string guitars, which I think comes through in just how heavy the record is in places.
While it’s the gross indulgence of excess you might expect from us (at the very least in terms of violence, screaming and blast-beats), there’s a few elements that are totally new. With clean vocals and dare I say it, actual lyrics in places, there’s things here that true Krupskaya aficionados will be surprised by. Both of you.
Here’s a sample:
Two weeks jumping across Europe and Asia
This coming Saturday we’ll be heading off for our first tour since last year’s trek across Siberia. I promise I’ll finish the tour diary for that. One day.
It’ll be our first with second guitarist Mike and Krupskaya’s second visit to South East Asia, the first being almost ten years ago.
Our dates are as follows:
- 20.07.2019 – Jezd u Cerhovic – Hella, Czech Republic
- 21.07.2019 – Liberec – Azyl, Czech Republic
- 22.07.2019 – Pod Brazy – Boss Bar, Czech Republic
- 24.07.2019 – Jakarta – Indonesia
- 25.07.2019 – Bangung – Indonesia
- 26.07.2019 – Semarang – Indonesia
- 27.07.2019 – Jogjakarta – Indonesia
- 28.07.2019 – Kediri – Indonesia
- 29.07.2019 – Malang – Indonesia
- 30.07.2019 – Jember – Indonesia
- 31.07.2019 – Bali – Indonesia
- 01.08.2019 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 02.08.2019 – Dubai – El Barrio Bar, UAE
- 03.08.2019 – Beirut – Lebanon
If you live in any of these places and aren’t adverse to having your ear drums pummeled into sludge, please do come and see us.
I’ll be in the sea, looking for Thresher sharks.
See you on the road!